Friday, May 24, 2013

More on Onnichar’s reflections


Onnichar, my one-on-one student, has the most adorable way to tell me painful truths. She points her index finger on her dimpled cheek, directs her lovely Chinese eyes upwards, and thinks out loud. These are a couple of things she came up with recently (to top her previous comment: that I would have a baby with no father)

Onnichar: Teacher Flo, I am saving my money.

Me: What for?

Onnichar: I want to buy a house.

Me: Great idea! When you buy it, can I come to visit you?


Onnichar: No, teacher Flo!!! I will be old. You will be “died”!


Me: This is a picture of my brother and me, when we were little.

Onnichar: But… Your brother looks small and you look big!

Me: Yes, my brother is younger than me.

Onnichar: (In disbelief) It cannot be! You told me your brother has a girlfriend and you do not have a boyfriend. If you are older you should have a boyfriend first!

Then she tells me I am beautiful, she writes “I love T. Flo” on her notebook, and draws pictures of me dressed as a princess. So, how can I not take her brutally caring honesty?
Onnichar, making her loy kraton

2 comments:

  1. Y después de dar clases a niñas así.. te vas con la cabeza llena de pájaros, sonrisas y garabatos! Qué lindo Flor, escribí todo! Algún día será grande y será tu amiga. Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Si, es una genia esa pibita!

    ReplyDelete